The Nature Collection is an educational loan service that offers a wide array of resource materials for educators to use in their classrooms. The Nature Collection Memberships are available to teachers, librarians, and other educators.
- Individual Nature Collection Membership $60
- Full school membership $300. ($150 for schools with 10 or fewer teachers)
(Must include staff roster and names of parents entitled to pick up/return items)
Days and Hours of Operation
Nature Collection is available by appointment on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2:00-5:00PM (subject to availability).
To schedule an appointment, contact Justin Canty at 805-682-4711 ext. 162 or email email@example.com .
Please make appointment requests at least 24 hours in advance.
An active Nature Collection membership is required to check-out items. Memberships can be purchased or renewed during appointment
What can be borrowed?
- Taxidermy mounts of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians
- Marine life specimens
- Bird nests and eggs
- Geology and paleontology specimens
- Animal skeletons, bones, and skins
- Chumash Indian artifact reproductions
- Curriculum kits
- Books and other media focusing on natural history topics
How does the Membership work?
- Members may check out materials on a first-come, first serve basis. No reservations or holds except on the day member intends to check out item.
- Each member may check out up to 6 items* for two weeks. Overdue fines: $1 per item, per day.
(* 4 mounted specimens and 2 curriculum kits max per checkout, plus an unlimited number of books)
- Checkout and return of items are the personal responsibility of the Member. Overdue, lost or damaged items will incur additional fees.
Information: Justin Canty, Director of Education (Interim Staff for Nature Collection) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-682-4711 ext. 162.