Graphic Designer Temporary
Mission: The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History inspires a thirst for discovery and a passion for the natural world.
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the Marketing and Exhibits Department with designing and producing print advertising, marketing collateral, direct mail materials and exhibit signage.
- Graphic Design
- Designs print advertisements in collaboration with the Marketing team and appropriate project managers.
- Design and produce graphic panels for permanent and changing exhibits in collaboration with the Marketing & Exhibits team.
- Maintain a high standard of design, format, and production, while adhering to the established Museum brand and style guide.
- Accuracy, creative design, brand consistency, and production-ready execution.
- Manage individual workflow working closely with Senior Graphic Designer to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to design a variety of media elements including direct mail, newspaper, magazine ads, in-store signage elements, brochures, internal communication pieces and related projects.
- Demonstrated ability to take graphic design projects from concept through execution.
- Minimum three years’ experience in graphic design
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop. Knowledge of Premiere Pro is a plus.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a faced-past work environment.
- General office environment with occasional work throughout the museum’s facilities (exhibit halls, conference rooms, scientific laboratories & galleries) and outdoors
- Extensive work on computers (repetitive movement – typing)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and climbing stairs with occasional lifting of light loads (20 lbs)